- guide to Landes
- towns in Landes
- Landes Hotels
- Landes Tourist Attractions
- Landes Gites
Landes tourist informationwhere to go - what to see - what to do
Two main features distinguish the Landes. The long stretch of coast and shifting sand dunes, and the vast pine forests planted to stabilise the sand dunes.
It is from these two features that the Landes derives its wealth - tourism, to the coastal resorts in the summer months, and sales of pinewood and its derivatives.
Renowned for its hot springs & thermal spas, Dax has been a popular centre, with hot mud serving to soothe ailments, since Roman times.
Coastal resorts such as Hossegor and Capbreton are noteworthy, with surf enthusiasts travelling from all over Europe to catch the Atlantic waves. Inland, boat trips and fishing are available.
- Aqua health at St Paul-les-Dax - relax in one of the mineral pools at the aqua centre of Calicea. If not, it's choice of geysers, saunas, jacuzzis, waterfalls and solariums will tempt you.
- Bullfighting - Mont-de-Marsan still attracts hoards of visitors in the summer who come for the bullfighting and celebrated 'course landaise'.
- Armagnac Lovers - Arthez D'Armagnac is the place to be for guided visits around the 20 hectares of land still producing one of the region's finest delights.
- Marqueze & Luxey - The Ecomusee de la Grande Lande is in Marqueze and recreates village life of the Landes before the draining of the marshes. Nearby Luxey shows resin tapping and distillation.
( Hotel )
6 Avenue De La Gare Saint-Paul-les-Dax Dax 40100
The Acqs Hotel is located in Dax, the first Spa town of France. It offers free Wi-Fi and free private parking. Rooms are equ...
Inter-Hotel Les Thermes De L'avenue
( Hotel )
17, Avenue Georges Clémenceau Saint-Paul-les-Dax Dax 40100
Inter-hotel Les Thermes de l'Avenue offers an accomodation of quality in the heart of Dax, close to all the shops and service...
Hôtellerie La Petite Couronne
( Hotel )
Route D'amou Saint-Cricq-Chalosse near Hagetmau 40700
Hôtellerie La Petite Couronne is a small-scale hotel situated in the Chalosse region. The hotel is a wooden 2 floor building ...