- guide to Gironde
- towns in Gironde
- Gironde Hotels
- Gironde Tourist Attractions
- Gironde Gites
Gironde tourist informationwhere to go - what to see - what to do
La Gironde is the largest department in France - 126 kms of sandy coast backed by 480,000 hectares of pine trees to the east. Inland there are numerous lakes and rivers.
The Gironde estuary is the largest in Europe and is the only place you'll find the endangered sturgeon species. This is wine country with Bordeaux at its centre. In total there are 57 wines labelled AOC - Bordeaux, Sauternes, Medoc & St-Emilion to name but a few.
This is also a department where different periods of history are engraved in its stone.
Gothic, Roman, military & religious architecture - a feast for the eyes, especially the bastides in Creon, Cadillac and Libourne.
- Parc Ornithologique at Le Teich - visit this fantastic sanctuary for some of Europe's rarest birds. Bird watchers can take one of two walks for further observation.
- Art in Bordeaux at Musee des Beaux-arts - the Hotel de Ville is home to the Musee des Beaux-Arts where you'll find a fantastic collection of works by Rubens, Delacroix, Renoir, Matisse and others.
- Wine tasting Bordeaux - visit one of the 5000 chateaux or wine properties where grapes and grown and harvested or take wine-tasting classes in the summer at the Maison du Vin near St-Emilion.
- A family day out at Dune du Pilat - visit the largest sand dune in Europe which runs south of the Bassin d'Arcachon for almost 2 miles.
Hôtel Du Golf
( Hotel )
Domaine de l'Ardilouse Lacanau 33680
The hotel is ideally situated les than one hour from Bordeaux, in the golf courses of Lacanau, the hotel offers a war and fri...
Novotel Bordeaux Lac
( Hotel )
Avenue Jean Gabriel Domergue Bordeaux 33300
In a natural site on the Bordeaux Lake, only 15 minutes from the city center, close to the world's famous vineyards. 175 air-...
Premiere Classe Bordeaux Sud Villenave D'ornon
( Hotel )
2-4 Rue Jean Fragonard Lotissement Haut Madère Ouest Villenave D*ornon 33140
Near the A630 motorway bypass and the A62 motorway which connects Bordeaux to Toulouse, the hotel benefits from an ideal loca...