- guide to Lot-et-Garonne
- towns in Lot-et-Garonne
- Lot-et-Garonne Hotels
- Lot-et-Garonne Tourist Attractions
- Lot-et-Garonne Gites
Lot-et-Garonne tourist informationwhere to go - what to see - what to do
From the laid-back feel of the charming city of Agen to the Lot valley with its strong, cultural identity, this department has great depth.
The vineyards of the Duras region are worth investigating along with its excellent wines, figs & prunes, truffle and foie gras production.
The gently rolling green hills and brightly coloured fields of corn make for good walking. Other warm season sports include fishing, horse-riding, cycling, rock climbing and canoeing.
Fought over by the French & English during the Hundred Years War, and as a result, the area is scattered with ruins, castles and bastides in Vianne, Castillonnes and Puymirol.
- Art in Agen - the Musee Municipal des Beaux-Arts contains some of Goya's finest paintings.
- Countryside of Lot-et-Garonne - take a stroll into the countryside around Agen surrounded by orchards of plum trees - 35,500 tonnes are produced here every year.
- Romanesque Architecture at Moirax- founded in 1049, this fortified village is considered a jewel of Romanesque art and symmetry.
- Prehistoric site at Castella - the caves or 'Grottes de Fontirou' are over 30 million years old and boast some impressive & colourful rock formations.
Premiere Classe Agen
( Hotel )
Zac D'agen Sud Agen 47000
In the south of the city, a few minutes away from the airport and across from the Exhibition Centre, the hotel enjoys an idea...
Brit Hotel Aquitaine
( Hotel )
Gaussens Centre Routier Sortie A7 Agen - Le Passage Agen 47520
The hotel features 42 soundproofed rooms with en-suite bathrooms, a private car park and a park planted with trees right outs...
Hôtel Balladins Agen Express
( Hotel )
Zone De Siailles Castelculier near Agen 47240
A stay in Agen will give you the opportunity to take advantage of an inviting city situated at the borders of Guyenne and Gas...