- guide to Haute-Loire
- towns in Haute-Loire
- Haute-Loire Hotels
- Haute-Loire Tourist Attractions
- Haute-Loire Gites
Haute-Loire tourist informationwhere to go - what to see - what to do
From the volcanic plateaus of Mont Mezanc to the Allier gorges - just about every outdoor activity is available here: walking, cycling, climbing, riding, fishing, hand-gliding, gold & even bungee-jumping.
Haute-Loire is one of France's poorer departments and staunchly religious. There are many Renaissance churches & Black Madonnas found throughout the area. Carved in walnut or cedar wood, the Madonnas were supposedly brought back from the Orient by the Crusaders.
Head to Le-Puy-en-Velay to see a copy of Louis IX's Black Virgin.
Le Puy is surrounded by valleys and is known for its top quality green lentils.
- Le-Puy-en-Velay- you'll be rewarded by your steep climb to Chapelle St-Michel d'Aiguille - perched on an outcrop of lava high above the town.
- Yssingeaus and Mezenc - surrounded by some delightful countryside - try the desert-like plateaus or the steep-sided valleys for walks.
- Golf at Riondet - an 18-hole golf course set in beautiful countryside.
- La Chaise-Dieu - worth a visit for its gargantuan Romanesque/Gothic abbey church complete with tapestries and ivory Christ.
( Hotel )
15 Bd Alexandre Clair Le Pay 43000
Hotel Chris'tel is located in the centre of Le Puy-en-Velay and offers free on-site parking and free Wi-Fi. Guest rooms at t...
Deltour Hôtel Le Puy En Velay
( Hotel )
4, Rue De Genebret - Brives Charensac Le Puy-en-Velay 43700
Situated in the area of Le Puy en Velay, this business hotel offers all confort in your room : private bathroom, large desk, ...
Hotel Le Val Vert
( Hotel )
6 Avenue Baptiste Marcet Le Pay 43000
Located near the historical town called le Puy-en-Velay, the Valvert hotel welcomes you in a warm and traditional setting. I...