- Auvergne tourist guides
- Auvergne towns to visit
- Auvergne Hotels
- Tourist Attractions in Auvergne
- Gites in Auvergne
Auvergne tourist informationwhere to go - what to see - what to do
The Auvergne landscape is a mix of extinct volcanoes, thick forest, rivers, lakes and mountains.
The oldest geological mountain range in France - part of France's largest national park, the Parc Naturel Regional des Volcans d'Auvergne.
Popular with those who come in search of Romanesque churches and medieval castles and enjoy skiing, hand-gliding and walking.
Visit the elegant spa towns of Vichy and Le Mont Dore.
One of the poorest regions in France, locals rely on dairy farming and the production of cheeses such as bleu d'Auvergne and Cantal.
- Puy de Dome - worth reaching the top of this extinct volcano peak for its breathtaking views and the remains of the Roman temple of Mercury.
- A fascinating day out at Saint-Ours-les-Roches - find out what a volcanic eruption feels like at the Parc Europeen du Volcanisme, Vulcania.
- Thermal Baths at Vichy - pamper yourself at one of Vichy's most modern and luxurious spas.
- Historic Clermont Ferrand - the Basilique Notre-Dame-du-Port is one of the most celebrated Romanesque churches in the region.
Hotel Le Bel Air
( Hotel )
Quartier Du Barberoux St Nectaire 63710
Le Bel Air hotel is located in the village of St Nectaire, 45 kilometres south of Clermont-Ferrand. It offers free internet a...
( Hotel )
6, Rue Sainte Rose Clermont Ferrand 63000
Downtown, close to the Jaude square, shops, pedestrian quarters and restaurants. Functional and welcoming rooms with desks, I...
Grand Hotel du Midi
( Hotel )
39 Avenue De L'union Sovietique Clermont Ferrand 63000
Located across from the train station, the hotel is a few minutes away from the Poly Dome Congress Centre, and the city and i...