- guide to Calvados
- towns in Calvados
- Calvados Hotels
- Calvados Tourist Attractions
- Calvados Gites
Calvados tourist informationwhere to go - what to see - what to do
The department of Calvados is famed for its pastoral land producing products such as butter, cheese and cider and of course the intoxicating apple brandy known as Calvados!
There are some elegant coastal resorts off the Cote Fleurie namely Trouville & Deauville backed by steep cliffs, green fields & fruit trees.
Further along the coast you'll come to the D Day beaches where Allied troops landed in 1944. The capital is Caen worth visiting for its two 11th century abbeys built by William the Conqueror as is Bayeux and its famous tapestry.
Inland, discover the Pays d'Auge with its wooded valleys, fields, cider orchards & half-timbered houses seen in the village of Beuvron-en-Auge, near Lisieux.
- Coastal History at Cote de Nacre - this coastal stretch is dotted with memorials, cemeteries and museums in remembrance of Allied troops who landed here in 1944.
- Historical Town of Bayeux - visit the Centre Guillaume-le-Conquerant to discover the events leading up to the Norman conquest.
- Lots to do and see in Caen - visit the abbey and castle built by William the Conqueror and Queen Mathilda or stroll into the city's old quarter to catch a glimpse of the half-timbered houses.
- Seaside Resorts - Cote de Nacre Luc-sur-Mer & Courseulles-sur-Mer with their long, sandy beaches are less expensive and more relaxed than some of the resorts on the Cote Fleurie.
Hotel Le Bayeux
( Hotel )
9 Rue Tardif Bayeux 14400
Located in the city centre, within a stone’s throw of the Cathedral, the hotel offers genuinely quiet and peaceful accommodat...
Best Western Le Dauphin
( Hotel )
29 Rue Gémare Caen 14000
Let yourself be taken with the charm and warm atmosphere of this former priory located at the very heart of Caen, the city of...
Logis Hôtel d'Arromanches Pappagall
( Hotel )
2, Rue Du Colonel René Michel Arromanches-les-Bains 14117
Located right in the centre of Arromanches, 50 metres from the beach, Logis D'arromanches is a warm and cosy base from which ...