- guide to Manche
- towns in Manche
- Manche Hotels
- Manche Tourist Attractions
- Manche Gites
Manche tourist informationwhere to go - what to see - what to do
The Manche department is surrounded on three sides by the English Channel (La Manche in French).
The 320km coastline makes it perfect for touring by car or bicycle. Find unspoiled sandy beaches with rugged headlands around Cap de la Hague and Nez de Jobourg. This is the ideal spot for bird-watchers, with gannets and shearwaters nesting here.
The port of Cherbourg still acts as a naval base and is home to some worthwhile museums.
On the western tip stands one of France's most venerated attractions, Mont-St-Michel - the awesome island abbey! Inland the land becomes fertile, ideal for cattle & dairy farming & cider orchards.
- Mont-St-Michel - drawing over one million visitors a year this soaring abbey was once named the Mount in Peril from the sea. Benedictine monks still live here today!
- Hill-top Town of Coutances - plenty of history to be tasted here, from the Cathedrale of Notre Dame to the churches of St Nicholas & St Peter with their public gardens & rare plants.
- Fashion & design at Granville - Le Musee Christian Dior is housed in 'les Rhumbs' where the fashion designer was raised, surrounded by cliff gardens.
- Life on the Cotentin Avranches - The Musee Municipal is an insight into life on the Cotentin Peninsula over the ages.
Hotel La Granitiere
( Hotel )
74 Rue Marechal Foch Saint-Vaast-la-Hougue 50550
La Granitiere Hotel is located on the Cotentin Peninsula, between Cherbourg and theD-Day beaches. The Hotel offers a quick a...
Hotel Restaurant Lunotel
( Hotel )
130 Rond Point De La Liberté Saint-Lo 50000
Located 30 kilometres away from the D-Day beaches, the hotel offers lovely maritime surroundings and quiet accommodation....
Best Hotel St Lô
( Hotel )
Parc De L'europe - Bvd De Strasbourg Saint-Lo 50000
Located less than an hour from the Mont St Michel, D-Day Beaches and the Cité de la Mer in Cherbourg, the Best Hotel Saint Lô...