- guide to Nievre
- towns in Nievre
- Nievre Hotels
- Nievre Tourist Attractions
- Nievre Gites
Nievre tourist informationwhere to go - what to see - what to do
An area of outstanding natural beauty. The Loire flows majestically to the west; the eastern Morvan forests are punctuated with rivers & lakes and the central Nievernais canals run through miles of fields & hedgerows.
The Morvan is one of the 'big pulls' offering a variety of activities such as canoeing, skiing, horse riding, cycling, climbing & fishing.
Activities complete, don't forget to sample the delicious Morvan honey produced here. The Nievrnais canals on the other hand are given over to boating, cycling and walking along the canal towpaths.
The Nievre boasts a rich cultural & architectural heritage from the Benedictine monastery at La Charite Sur-Loire to Nevers with its Ducal Palace and worthy museums.
- Activity Centre at Les Simonets - 20km from Nevers, where you can hire bikes, or join in with cycle tours or guided walks.
- F1 motor racing at Magny-Cours - try your hand or watch one of the many races held here.
- Nevers - the Cathedrale St-Eyr has a 6th century bapistry discovered in 1944 after WWII bombing.
- Bazoches - Louis XIV gave this feudal chateau to the architect Vauban for his military genius in the siege of Maastricht.
Logis De France Le Relais De Pouilly
( Hotel )
Quai De Loire Pouilly Sur Loire near Guerigny 58150
Our hotel enjoys a pleasant location alongside the " Réserve Naturelle de la Loire " dedicated to the protection of wildlife ...
Akena Express Nevers
( Hotel )
23-25, Bd Camille Dagonneau Varennes-Vauzelles 58640
This one-star hotel, which has changed owners in June 2007, lies right outside Nevers and offers quiet accommodation only a f...
Logis De France Au Vieux Morvan
( Hotel )
8, Place Gudin Chateau Chinon 58120
Located at the center of Chinon Castle, in the heart of the regional park of Morvan, a hotel whose 9 rooms and a restaurant h...