- guide to Saone-et-Loire
- towns in Saone-et-Loire
- Saone-et-Loire Hotels
- Saone-et-Loire Tourist Attractions
- Saone-et-Loire Gites
Saone-et-Loire tourist informationwhere to go - what to see - what to do
Known for its quality agricultural products and numerous Romanesque monuments. It groups together 6 districts all vying for your attention!
The Maconnais district has vineyards, hills, Roman churches and orchards with picturesque villages such as Brancion.
This is the land of Pouilly-Fuissé vineyards and the Romantic poet, Lamartine.
To the southwest lies the rural Brionnais district, home to the white Charolais cow and a high concentration of Roman churches, castles and fortified farms.
- Cluny - the Ancienne Abbaye de Cluny was once home to abbots who held more sway than the king or popes. A guided tour will divulge the intrigue!
- Roche de Solutre - a limestone escarpment riseing sharply above the Pouilly-Fuissé vineyards - fantastic views of the surrounding area.
- Cycle Route, approx 15km - from Berze-le-Chatel to Charnay-les-Macon pass through vineyards and picturesque villages where the poet Lamartine left his trace.
- Autun - a haven of history & culture with the 1st century Roman theatre well worth a visit.
Logis De France Des Trois Maures
( Hotel )
Couches-les-Minesnear Le Creusot 71490
Culinary discoveries in the’’ land of Marguerite’’. The « Trois Maures hotel » welcomes you. It is a pleasure to stay in this...
Park Inn Macon
( Hotel )
26 Rue Pierre De Coubertin Macon 71000
The Hotel Park Inn is located in the heart of Romanesque Burgundy, on the Maconnais and Beaujolais wine road.In town, in a pe...
All Seasons Mâcon Centre
( Hotel )
91 Rue Victor Hugo Macon 71000
Midway between the Bourgogne and Beaujolais regions, the All Seasons Mâcon Centre enjoys a convenient location in the heart o...