- guide to Ille et Vilaine
- towns in Ille et Vilaine
- Ille et Vilaine Hotels
- Ille et Vilaine Tourist Attractions
- Ille et Vilaine Gites
Ille et Vilaine tourist informationwhere to go - what to see - what to do
The fortified towns of Fougeres and Vitre, and the legendary forest of La Broceliande, are steeped in Arthurian myth & legend.
St Malo itself owes its reputation to early sailors and explorers, and has retained much of its early charm. A wander around the quaint labyrinth of streets in the old walled city is a must!
A leisurely way to take in this department and indeed much of Brittany is to take a canal boat in Dinan which ends up in Nantes or Brest.
- Foret de Paimpont - walk in the footsteps of King Arthur and Merlin and go in search of the spring of eternal youth in what remains of this primeval forest!
- Fougeres Castle - the fortress town of Fougeres is home to a huge castle with 13 towers. The castle provides the setting for Balzac's 'Les chouans.'
- Chic beach resorts - Dinard is an attractive coastal resort with all the trappings - casino, grandiose villas, chic boutiques plus summer shows & performances.
- Art in Rennes - the Musee des Beaux Arts has a great collection of art including works by Gaugin & Picasso, who painted 'Baigneuse' in Dinard in 1928.
Citotel Les Voyageurs
( Hotel )
10 Place Gambetta Fougeres 35300
Our hotel stands right in the heart of the ancient citadel of the Duchy of Brittany. Fougères is the ideal place for a holida...
Brit Hotel Le Transat
( Hotel )
Rue de la Saulaie Saint-Malo 35400
Located at the entrance of Saint Malo, in front of the Aquarium, the Brit Hotel "Le Transat" offers you 39 comfortable rooms....
Inter-Hotel Le Sevigne
( Hotel )
47Bis, Avenue Jean-Janvier Rennes 35000
This charming 2-star hotel is located in the heart of Rennes, close to the train station and old city centre....