- guide to Finistere
- towns in Finistere
- Finistere Hotels
- Finistere Tourist Attractions
- Finistere Gites
Finistere tourist informationwhere to go - what to see - what to do
Finistere is dominated by miles of rugged coastline, towering cliffs, secret coves and tiny ports and occupies France's northwest tip.
Some of the more popular summer spots are the Crozon Peninsula or the Pointe de Raz.
However, solitude is never far away in the northern stretches beyond Brest or some of the lesser known fishing villages such as Le Conquet.
Much of central Finistere is occupied by the Parc Regional d'Armorique. It is here you'll find Brittany culture.
Not far is Quimper and Pays Bigouden where crepes, cider, lace bonnets & Celtic song & dance is still part of everyday life.
- Ile d'Quessant - explore this rugged but beautiful island and discover the seals and birds. The two museums will shed light on the island's turbulent history.
- Faience pottery in Quimper - visit the faience factory in Quimper, which has been producing hand-painted pottery since 1690. The festival of Cornouaille in late July is not to be missed.
- Boat Trips - Port du Rosmeur is an authentic, picturesque port offering boat trips, cafes, seafood restaurants and a lively criée or fish market.
- Parc Naturel d'Armorique - walk, ride or cycle around this protected national park - a mixture of farmland, heaths & ancient oak forests.
( Hotel )
20 Rue Bremond D'Ars Quimperle 29300
In the heart of old Quimperlé, on the banks of the Ellé River, the amazing restraint of the "art nouveau" style! 10 rooms, 10...
Auberge De Bel Air
( Hotel )
Route De Lanildut Brélès near Ploudalmezeau 29810
Auberge De Bel Air is located in the seaside town of Breles, 20 kilometres north of Brest. It offers 3 en-suite guestrooms wi...
Hotel Du Bac
( Hotel )
19 Rue Du Bac Combrit 29120
Entirely refurbished in 2009, Hotel Du Bac is proud to welcome you to its brand-new premises, right by the sea. Formerly kno...