- guide to Eure-et-Loire
- towns in Eure-et-Loire
- Eure-et-Loire Hotels
- Eure-et-Loire Tourist Attractions
- Eure-et-Loire Gites
Eure-et-Loire tourist informationwhere to go - what to see - what to do
Southwest of Paris, Eure-et-Loire acts as gateway to Normandy and the Loire valley.
Chartres has undoubtedly the finest Gothic cathedral in Europe, now a UNESCO world heritage site. Chateaux at Anet, Chateaudun and Nogent-le-Rotrou shows a rich cultural & historical heritage.
La Perche nature reserve is a landscape of lakes and forests where Percheron horses are still bred. Opportunities for golf, riding, walking, hunting, fishing and hand gliding.
La Beauce provides contrast and is a cereal-growing area with a rich array of plant & animal life including sedge, a reed which was used to thatch roofs.
- Chatres - visit the Cathedral de Notre Dame - the best-preserved Gothic cathedral in Europe with its unique of stained-glass windows.
- Chateau de Maintenon - home to the secret wife of Louis XV who designed the fantastic gardens here.
- Illiers-Combray - trace the footsteps of Marcel Proust who spent holidays in the peaceful upper Loir valley. Aunt Leonie's house pays homage to his time here.
- Medieval Gardens at Bois Richeux - experience the subtle aromas of the exotic plants, spices and herbs that grow in the gardens.
Logis le Crépuscule
( Hotel )
Rue Des Longs Champs Houdan near Dreux 78550
Hôtel Le Crépuscule is a 3-star, family-run hotel located in the French countryside, only 60 kilometres from the centre of Pa...
( Hotel )
St Symphorien le Château St Symphorien Le Chateau 28700
Château d'Esclimont was built for the Archbishop of Tours in 1543 and, since then, has been the home of aristocrats, statesme...
Lemon Hotel - Dreux
( Hotel )
7 Rue Des Livraindiaires Dreux 28100
Hotel Lemon welcomes you in Dreux and offers comfortable and affordable rooms. It is located halfway between Chartres and Evr...