- guide to Indre-et-Loire
- towns in Indre-et-Loire
- Indre-et-Loire Hotels
- Indre-et-Loire Tourist Attractions
- Indre-et-Loire Gites
Indre-et-Loire tourist informationwhere to go - what to see - what to do
Fine wine and sumptuous chateaux sum up the department of the Indre-et-Loire.
Built by kings from the 15th to the 18th centuries the chateaux were designed for feasting and lavish balls.
The tour of the chateaux complete, take the time to discover the gardens at Villandry or the lively city of Tours where the purest French is supposedly spoken!
Wine tasting is also a must with Vouvray & Montlouis vineyards easily accessible to the east of Tours. Here you'll see wine stored in cellars that have been carved out of the white tufa cliffs.
- The famous chateaux - the awesome castles of Chenonceau, Villandry and d'Azay-le-Rideau will leave you simply spellbound.
- Vouvray - home to the delicious white wine, for wine tasting. Huet vineyard is often a favourite with its bio-dynamic system for vine growing.
- Chateau de Villandry - visit the spectacular ornamental gardens of this 16th century chateau which from a distance look like a carefully woven tapestry.
- Tours - supposedly where the purest French is spoken. Plenty to do - take your pick from the numerous museums of wine, fine arts and crafts.
Hotel De Rosny
( Hotel )
19' Rue Blaise Pascal Tours 37000
Our hotel is ideally situated in the centre of the city of Tours, just behind the main railway station and only a few steps a...
Hotel De L'univers
( Hotel )
5, Boulevard Heurteloup Tours 37000
This truly historic boutique hotel opened its doors in 1846. It is perfectly located in the city centre in the heart of the t...
Le Grand Hotel
( Hotel )
9 Place Du General Leclerc Tours 37000
Between the train station and the Congress Centre, this historical hotel of the 30's is located in the heart of the town cent...