- guide to Loiret
- towns in Loiret
- Loiret Hotels
- Loiret Tourist Attractions
- Loiret Gites
Loiret tourist informationwhere to go - what to see - what to do
The Loiret is the gateway to the Loire valley and is steeped in history.
Orleans is an ancient Roman city whose attachment to the past, in Joan of Arc, is evident everywhere. From here Joan of Arc set off to conquer the English and regain freedom for France.
The Loiret has some magnificent chateaux - the elegant fortress at Sully-sur-Loire recalls the glorious days of the Middle Ages whereas the Chateau de Chamerolles is focused on a Renaissance past.
The area is also not short on pleasures of the palate either. Ewe's cheese is best enjoyed with a glass of Giennois or Orleanias wine, not forgetting Gatinais honey or Montargis pralines.
- Orlean Forest - stroll in the immense national pine & oak forest of Orleans, once a hunting ground for French king. Horse riding and cycling are popular here.
- Canal boat trips - the Canal du Loing, Canal de Briare & Canal Lataral hark back to the heyday of water navigation, a great way to explore this stunning countryside.
- St-Benoit-sur-Loire - head to one of the most venerated Romanesque abbey-churches in France where daily services of Gregorian chant are held.
- Loire Valley at Nogent-sur-Vernisson - Surroundings of beauty greet you at the Arboretum des Barres with its unparalleled plant collection.
Premiere Classe Orleans Nord - Saran
( Hotel )
La Chiperie Saran 45770
A beautiful hideaway between the Sologne and the Beauce....
( Hotel )
Impasse Des Moulins Saran 45770
This 3-star residence is located in Saran, north of Orléans, only 5 minutes from the city centre in a lively area of the city...
Logis Hotel Le Cerf
( Hotel )
22 Boulevard Buyser Briare 45250
Located in Briare, the beautiful countryside surrounding Le Cerf is perfect for hikers and bicycles can be hired at reception...