- guide to Ardennes
- towns in Ardennes
- Ardennes Hotels
- Ardennes Tourist Attractions
- Ardennes Gites
Ardennes tourist informationwhere to go - what to see - what to do
Ardennes - the real France. The Argonne forest nestles in the east, peaks and pastures in the centre, and the patchwork of meadows of La Thierache to the west.
The countryside attracts walkers, nature-lovers, and sailors. Canoeists head to the lakes of Vieilles forges or Bairon. Fishermen prefer the banks of the Semoy.
Since the Middle Ages the Ardennes has been home to many fortified castles & fortresses, such as the citadel of Sedan and the bastion of Rocroi.
18th century manor houses and residential chateaux can be seen in Bazeilles or Remilly-Aillicourt. Literary buffs can retrace the footsteps of Ardenne's famous son, Rimbaud, born in Charleville in 1854.
- Riezes for Nature Lovers - a superb nature reserve is sure to delight with its orchids and carnivorous plants.
- The Musee Ardennes - for original manuscripts and photographs by the great poet Rimbaud.
- Historic Sedan - home to the largest fortified castle in Europe, Chateau de Sedan.
- Countryside Walks in the Vallee de la Meuse - take in a spectacular landscape of gorges, forests and formations of granite and schist.
Premiere Classe Charleville Mezieres
( Hotel )
Route De La Francheville - Zac Du Moulin Le Blanc Charleville-Mezieres 08000
In the heart of the Ardennes, near the A203, beside the N51, several minutes from the town centre and only 20 km from the Bel...
Auberge Du Port
( Hotel )
Rue De La Gare Bazeilles near Sedan 08140
The Auberge du Port is a quiet and pleasant hotel where you will be welcomed in a warm atmosphere, 5 minutes from Sedan and 1...
Kyriad Charleville Mezieres
( Hotel )
Place Bozzi Charleville-Mezieres 08000
Discover a brand-new, 3-star hotel combining high standards of comfort, design and new technologies. Choose among modern, a...