- guide to Doubs
- towns in Doubs
- Doubs Hotels
- Doubs Tourist Attractions
- Doubs Gites
Doubs tourist informationwhere to go - what to see - what to do
An area of mountains, woods, plateaus, lakes, waterfalls and pastures and is renowned for its natural beauty. Probably one of the least explored regions in France.
Fantastic opportunities for canoeing and hiking. The Doubs valley is worth visiting for its caves and stunning waterfalls with the Vallee de la Loue known for top-quality water sports.
The Jura mountain range is famous for its cross-country skiing and gentle slopes. Perhaps not the place for the seasoned downhill ski fanatic but Metabief Mont d'Or and some of the smaller ski stations make a pleasant change from the more traditional French Alps
- Panoramic Views from Metabief Mont d'Or - take the lift to the top of Mont d'Or for impressive views of Lake Geneva, the Matterhorn and Mont Blanc.
- Besancon - visit the Musee du temps which tells the story of Besancon's watch and clock making industry.
- Metabief - visit the Fromagerie du Mont d'Or to sample the delights of Comte, morbier and vacherin Mont d'Or cheese.
- Arc-et-Senans - a world heritage site, these salt works were designed by architect Claude-Nicolas Ledoux in impressive concentric circles.
Premiere Classe Besancon Ecole Valentin
( Hotel )
7 Route D'epinal Ecole Valentin near Besancon 25480
Close to Alsace and Jura, the hotel is easily accessible from the A36 motorway, exit 4, and the N83....
Premiere Classe Montbeliard - Sochaux
( Hotel )
Rue Du Collège Sochaux 25600
500m from Peugeot. Easily accessible coming from Besançon or Mulhouse on the A36, exit Sochaux, our hotel is a few minutes fr...
Logis De France Chateau De La Dame Blanche
( Hotel )
1, Rue De La Goulotte Geneuille near Besancon 25870
In the heart of a 7-hectare park, the castle welcomes you for a romantic getaway, family holiday or business trip only 7 minu...