- guide to Territoire de Belfort
- towns in Territoire de Belfort
- Territoire de Belfort Hotels
- Territoire de Belfort Tourist Attractions
- Territoire de Belfort Gites
Territoire de Belfort tourist informationwhere to go - what to see - what to do
To the north of Franche-Comte lies the Territoire de Belfort, with the Vosges Mountains to the north and the plateaux and hills of the Jura to the south.
Traditionally a gateway between Germany and the Mediterranean this department was officially declared part of France after WWI when Germany lost control of Alsace.
The symbol of Belfort is a pink, sandstone lion built to commemorate the courage and resilience of fighters during Belfort's 103-day siege. Now classed a world heritage monument, the lion stands as protector over the city.
In the south you'll see lakes, rivers, forests and streams, with Lac de la Seigneurie being the perfect place for lakeside leisure.
- L'Etang de la Veronne (near Malsaucy) - Herons, swans and ducks are just some of the wildlife you'll see on lakeside walks here.
- Stunning Views at Le Ballon d'Alsace - the frontier of 4 departments, and 1247m high for fantastic views for miles around.
- Belfort - visit the citadel designed by Vauban to withstand the city's 3 great sieges. Great views from the ramparts!
- Hydraulic Windmill at Courtelevant - in operation until 1905 this impressive windmill dates back to the XVII century.
Campanile Belfort - Bessoncourt
( Hotel )
Zac Bessoncourt near Belfort 90160
Clean, comfortable accommodation located 6 km from Belfort town centre; ideal for an efficient overnight stay or a longer bre...
Bonsai Hotel Belfort
( Hotel )
Zac De La Justice - Avenue De La Laurencie Belfort 90000
BONSAI HOTEL BELFORT: the comfort at the best value for money. All rooms come with shower, toilet and washbasin. Rooms for 1,...
Novotel Belfort Centre Atria
( Hotel )
Avenue de l'Espérance Belfort 90000
The Novotel Atria Belfort benefits from an exceptional location and easy access (Motorway A36, 40 minutes from the Mulhouse-B...