- Franche-Comte tourist guides
- Franche-Comte towns to visit
- Franche-Comte Hotels
- Tourist Attractions in Franche-Comte
- Gites in Franche-Comte
Franche-Comte tourist informationwhere to go - what to see - what to do
This a region of mountains, woods, plateaus, lakes, waterfalls and pastures and is renowned for its natural beauty.
Probably one of the least explored regions in France, there are opportunities for canoeing and hiking.
The Doubs valley is worth visiting for its caves and stunning waterfalls, as is Baume-les-Messieurs.
This region comprises the Jura mountain range which is famous for its cross-country skiing and gentle slopes.
Perhaps not the place for the seasoned downhill ski fanatic but Metabief Mont d'Or and some of the smaller ski stations make a change from the more traditional French Alps.
- Ronchamp - visit the the striking and futuristic Chapelle Notre-Dame-du-Haut, considered one of the 20th century's architectural feats!
- Panoramic Views at Metabief Mont d'Or - take the lift to the top of Mont d'Or for impressive views of Lake Geneva, the Matterhorn and Mont Blanc.
- Besancon - visit the Musee du temps which tells the story of Besancon's watch and clock making industry.
- Baume-les-Messieurs - the 10m waterfall and spectacular caves are well worth a visit as well as the pretty village itself.
Hôtel Du Béryl
( Hotel )
805 Boulevard De L'europe Lons-Le-Saunier 39000
Close to Lons le Saunier’s brand new aquatic centre, the hotel offers an original concept that gathers a leisure and relaxati...
Premiere Classe Besancon Ecole Valentin
( Hotel )
7 Route D'epinal Ecole Valentin near Besancon 25480
Close to Alsace and Jura, the hotel is easily accessible from the A36 motorway, exit 4, and the N83....
Hostellerie Le Moulin De La Mère Michelle
( Hotel )
rue de la cascade Les Planches near Poligny 39600
In the vally of the Arbois vineyard, in a beautifull small Jura village "Les Planches" you will find our old Mill at the foot...