- guide to Seine-Maritime
- towns in Seine-Maritime
- Seine-Maritime Hotels
- Seine-Maritime Tourist Attractions
- Seine-Maritime Gites
Seine-Maritime tourist informationwhere to go - what to see - what to do
Today Rouen is a city teeming with culture and dominated by Claude Monet's favourite cathedral.
From Rouen, the Seine moves towards the Cote d'Albatre a windswept coastline of chalky cliffs where there are plenty of good pebble beaches. Parisians often escape city life to relax in the popular seaside resort of Fecamp.
There is beautiful countryside between Le Havre & Rouen which has been designated the Parc Naturel Regional de Bretonne. Here you'll find Camargue horses and Scottish Highland cattle in the Vernier marshes.
- Rouen - despite WWII bombing, there are plenty of historic sights to see, including where Joan of Arc was burned at the stake in the place du Vieux-Marche.
- Art in Le Havre - find time to visit Les Beaux-Arts in Le Havre, one of France's most prestigious art galleries with works by Gaugin, Sisley and Pissarro. Raoul Dufy, a native of Le Havre, has a whole room to himself.
- Along the river Seine to Caudebec-en-Caux - find out what life was like along the banks of the Seine at the musee de la Marine de Seine.
- Dieppe - seaside amusements, beach lawns and lively streets make for a fun day out. The fish market is an experience with flamboyant fishermen selling fish directly off the boats.
La Cour Carrée
( Hotel )
Route De Dieppe Eu near Le Treport 76260
Located in Normandy, near Picardie and the famous Baie de Somme, the hotel is the ideal starting point to discover the area a...
Château de Sassetot
( Hotel )
Côte des Petites Dalles Sassetot le Mauconduit near Fecamp 76540
A beautiful stopover between the sea and countryside makes this castle a haven of peace in a park of 11 hectares, the ideal p...
Arts Et Seine
( Hotel )
4-6 Rue St Etienne Des Tonneliers Rouen 76000
This 2-star hotel is located in the city centre, 150 metres from the cathedral and within a stone’s throw of the pedestrian d...