- Haute Normandie tourist guides
- Haute Normandie towns to visit
- Haute Normandie Hotels
- Tourist Attractions in Haute Normandie
- Gites in Haute Normandie
Haute Normandie tourist informationwhere to go - what to see - what to do
Normandy derives its name from the Viking Norsemen who sailed up the river Seine in the 9th Century. They settled in Rouen - today a city teeming with culture and dominated by Claude Monet's favourite cathedral.
From Rouen, the Seine moves towards the Cote d'Albatre - a windswept coastline of chalky cliffs with good pebble beaches.
Parisians often escape city life to relax in the popular seaside resort of Fecamp.
This coastline stills holds the same fascination today as it did with 19th Century impressionist painters.
- Rouen - despite WWII bombing, there are plenty of historic sights to see including where Joan of Arc was burned at the stake in the place du Vieux-Marche.
- A day out in Giverny at Fondation Claude Monet - take a stroll around Monet's famous gardens complete with water lilies!
- Dieppe - seaside amusements, beach lawns, and lively streets make a fun day out. The fish market is an experience in itself.
- Along the river Seine at Caudebec-en-Caux - find out what river life was like along the banks of the Seine at the musee de la Marine de Seine.
La Cour Carrée
( Hotel )
Route De Dieppe Eu near Le Treport 76260
Located in Normandy, near Picardie and the famous Baie de Somme, the hotel is the ideal starting point to discover the area a...
Château de Sassetot
( Hotel )
Côte des Petites Dalles Sassetot le Mauconduit near Fecamp 76540
A beautiful stopover between the sea and countryside makes this castle a haven of peace in a park of 11 hectares, the ideal p...
Arts Et Seine
( Hotel )
4-6 Rue St Etienne Des Tonneliers Rouen 76000
This 2-star hotel is located in the city centre, 150 metres from the cathedral and within a stone’s throw of the pedestrian d...