- guide to Herault
- towns in Herault
- Herault Hotels
- Herault Tourist Attractions
- Herault Gites
Herault tourist informationwhere to go - what to see - what to do
An attractive alternative to the more ritzy and expensive Provence & Cote d'Azur, the Herault department is a real gem.
Here you will find gorges, scrubland, limestone cirques, forests, endless beaches, the university city of Montpellier,- and of course acres and acres of vineyards - the most prolific wine producing area in France!
If you are fond of oysters and mussels the Bassin de Thau, a large lagoon is the place to head.
Or try the popular aperitif Noilly Prat produced in nearby Marseillan.
- La plaine des Dinosaures - in 1996, the largest discovery of dinosaur eggs in Europe was found at what has become an open-air dinosaur park.
- Grotte de Clamouse & St-Guilhem-le-Désert - start at the Grotte de Clamouse, one of the most impressive caves in the area - then try St-Guilhem, often voted the prettiest village in France, with its abbey and pottery shops.
- Moliere's town of Pezenas - offers charm in its brocantes or antique shops and narrow, colourful streets, which are largely unchanged since Moliere's times.
- Meze - try one of the many seafood restaurants in the port of Meze, or visit the Musee de L'Etang de Thau at nearby Bouzigues to find out more about breeding shellfish.
Premiere Classe Montpellier Ouest - St Jean De Vedas
( Hotel )
Parc D'activités De La Peyrière - Allée Jean-Monnet Saint-Jean-de-Vedas 34430
A stopover on the way to Catalonia! Our hotel is in immediate proximity to exit 32 of the A9, which links Perpignan and Mars...
( Hotel )
45 Avenue Du Pirée Montpellier 34000
Located 10 minutes from the beach and the airport and 10 minutes walk from the city centre, close to the station, the hotel i...
Akena City Pezenas
( Hotel )
Zac Les Rodettes Pezenas 34120
This two-star hotel, which will open in the middle of April, has 49 rooms on 2 floors with air-conditioning and lift....