- guide to Correze
- towns in Correze
- Correze Hotels
- Correze Tourist Attractions
- Correze Gites
Correze tourist informationwhere to go - what to see - what to do
Correze offers visitors a rural retreat and the chance to enjoy some splendid, unspoilt countryside. There are over 5000 kms of rivers (the Vergeze, the Correze and the Dordogne) plus over 40 lakes.
This will suit those in search of outdoor pursuits such as fishing, walking, canoeing etc.
To the east, towards the Massif Central, the landscape becomes wilder and mountainous - ideal for dairy and sheep farming. Here, you'll find isolated hamlets and farms.
In the southeast the countryside is more accessible and there are some noteworthy Romanesque churches.
- Natural Beauty of the Cascades de Gimel - the spectacular waterfalls to the north east of Tulle drop 143m into Inferno Gorg.
- Stud Farm at Chateau de Pompadour - visit one of France's best-known stud farms first built by Louis XV in 1761.
- Colonges-la-Rouge - with pink sandstone houses and fairy tale turrets, the town is worth a visit.
- Spectacular Views at Turenne - 360-degree views of the Cantal mountains and the Dordogne valley from the top of the 11th century Tower of Caesar in Turenne.
( Hotel )
60 Avenue Jean Jaurés Brive-la-Gaillarde 19100
This Logis hotel is located 2 kilometres from the centre of Brive-la-Gaillarde. It offers en-suite rooms with a TV and free W...
Le Coq D'or
( Hotel )
16-18 Boulevard Jules Ferry Brive-la-Gaillarde 19100
Completely renovated, the hotel Le Coq d’Or welcomes you in a lovely setting right amidst Brive-la-Gaillarde, on one of the m...
La Truffe Noire
( Hotel )
22 Boulevard Anatole France Brive-la-Gaillarde 19100
Our 3-star Hotel Restaurant La Truffe Noire is located in the city centre, and it offers soundproof rooms with airconditionin...