- guide to Creuse
- towns in Creuse
- Creuse Hotels
- Creuse Tourist Attractions
- Creuse Gites
Creuse tourist informationwhere to go - what to see - what to do
Creuse has inherited the name of its river which runs across the department from the northeast to the northwest.
It was the clear waters of the Creuse that enabled Aubusson to become a centre for making coloured dyes - used for tapestries & rugs. Tapestry production was at its height in the 16th & 17th centuries.
The area was also known for its skilled builders who learned their trade working the local granite. These skilled men were largely responsible for the urbanisation of Paris.
The area has plateaux's, forests, lakes & rivers - attracting visitors in search of the great outdoors.
- Musee Departmental de la Tapisserie at Aubusson - watch tapestries and intricate custom-made carpets being made that are shipped world-wide.
- Thermal Relaxation at Evaux-les-Bains - revitalise body & soul in a modern thermal relaxation centre also equipped for specific ailments.
- Chambon-sur-Voueize - has one of the largest Limousin abbey churches which inspired the writer Georges Sand.
- Lakeside Fun at Vassiviere - this man-made lake is the place for fishing, water sports, walking, cycling, horse riding or simple relaxation.
Premiere Classe Gueret
( Hotel )
Lieu Dit Cher du Prat Gueret 23000
In the heart of La Creuse. Easily accessible from exit 48of the N145, our hotel is a few minutes to the north of the town ce...
Hôtel Du Cèdre
( Hotel )
Rue De L'oiseau Bénévent L'abbaye near Gueret 23210
Located in Benevent l’Abbaye, in the region of the Limousin, the hotel du Cèdre offers a very good standard of accommodation,...
Hotel Le France
( Hotel )
6 Rue Des Déportés Aubusson 23200
Located in the heart of Aubusson, the world capital of tapestry art, Hotel Le France welcomes you in a 18th-century coaching ...