- guide to Haute-Vienne
- towns in Haute-Vienne
- Haute-Vienne Hotels
- Haute-Vienne Tourist Attractions
- Haute-Vienne Gites
Haute-Vienne tourist informationwhere to go - what to see - what to do
Forest, lakes and countryside continue to attract tourists to the Haute-Vienne who enjoy a range of activities including walking, fishing, sailing, boating and skiing.
The countryside is hilly and wooded, ideal for the famous Limousin breed of cattle.
Haute-Vienne is proud of its cultural & historical heritage with well preserved abbeys & Roman churches (Soulignac & Chateauponsac), fortified castles (Chalus & Montbrun).
Limoges is the department's capital and has long been famous for its enamel and fine china production.
- Porcelain at Limoges - for a demonstration on how to produce some of the finest porcelain, head to the Bernardaud porcelain factory.
- History of Enamel at Limoges - the Musee National Adrien-Dubouche charts the history of enamel from early Greek & Chinese works to the present day.
- A day out to Solignac - a pretty medieval village with an impressive granite church. From here, take the Sentier de la Briance to discover the surrounding forested countryside.
- WWII memorial at Oradour-sur-Glane - a moving memorial where a 1944 massacre took place.
Logis Le Saint Eloi
( Hotel )
66 Avenue Saint-Eloi Solignac near Limoges 87110
Situated south of Limoges in the heart of the charming village of Solignac, this hotel offers quiet, comfortable accommodatio...
Premiere Limoges Nord
( Hotel )
54 Rue Frédéric Bastiat Limoges 87280
In the heart of the Limousin region, 5 km north of the town, the hotel is in immediate proximity to the exit 28 on the A20 mo...
Inter-Hotel Le Boeuf Rouge
( Hotel )
57, Boulevard Victor-Hugo Saint-Junien 87200
Welcoming, fully restored hotel, situated 6 miles from Oradour-sur-Glane. The hotel offers quiet rooms and seminar rooms. P...