- Limousin tourist guides
- Limousin towns to visit
- Limousin Hotels
- Tourist Attractions in Limousin
- Gites in Limousin
Limousin tourist informationwhere to go - what to see - what to do
If you are looking for rural France head to Limousin with its woodland, green hills and pasture land.
It is here that the famous Limousin cattle are bred with the local economy based on agriculture.
Canoeing, kayaking, fishing and sailing are popular here.
The region has many springs, rivers and inland lakes particularly in the Creuse area known as the 'water tower' or 'chateau d'eau' of France.
Limoges is the largest city in the region and owes it name to the enamel and fine china trade. Visit the museums and craft shops.
- Limoges - visit the Musee National Adrien-Dubouche, dedicated to the porcelain trade, wander the streets of the old quarter with its botanical garden and restaurants.
- Aubusson - the pure waters of Aubusson make it perfect for making delicately coloured dyes. Visit the Musee Departemental de la Tapisserie with its collection of tapestries.
- Uzerche - perched high above the river Vezere, it is famed for its Maisons a Tourelles, which look like miniature castles due to their turrets.
- Gimel-les-cascades - spectacular scenery makes for enjoyable walks around Gimel-les-Cascades - visit the Cascades or three waterfalls with a huge drop into the Inferno gorge.
( Hotel )
60 Avenue Jean Jaurés Brive-la-Gaillarde 19100
This Logis hotel is located 2 kilometres from the centre of Brive-la-Gaillarde. It offers en-suite rooms with a TV and free W...
Premiere Classe Gueret
( Hotel )
Lieu Dit Cher du Prat Gueret 23000
In the heart of La Creuse. Easily accessible from exit 48of the N145, our hotel is a few minutes to the north of the town ce...
Logis Le Saint Eloi
( Hotel )
66 Avenue Saint-Eloi Solignac near Limoges 87110
Situated south of Limoges in the heart of the charming village of Solignac, this hotel offers quiet, comfortable accommodatio...