- guide to Meuse
- towns in Meuse
- Meuse Hotels
- Meuse Tourist Attractions
- Meuse Gites
Meuse tourist informationwhere to go - what to see - what to do
Meuse, a department of forestland, lakes, rivers and marshland. The Argonne hills lie to the west while the eastern uplands, or Cotes de Meuse, give way to the Woevre Plain.
This is the place to get off the beaten track. Walkers, cyclists and horse riders will enjoy routes through picturesque villages and lush valleys.
Marville to the north is an outstanding medieval town with architecture that dates back to the Spanish occupation.
Verdun is synonymous with the battle of WWI when approximately 1 million men died in almost a whole year of bloodshed. Verdun is now a World Capital for Peace - the Bishop's Palace used for World Peace talks and exhibitions.
- Historic Vaucouleurs - admire the Porte de France, the gateway through which Joan of Arc led her troops, or visit the medieval fortress of Gombervaux with its medieval military architecture.
- Contemporary Art Trail in Lahaymeix Forest - Contemporary artists have created an 'arts in the countryside trail' called 'Le Vent des Forets' set in this beautiful forest.
- Military Museum at Verdun - the Musee de la Citadelle Militaire highlights Verdun's role during WW1 and shows the everyday life of the soldiers during the battle.
- Stenay - best known for its beer museum housed in a 19th century malt house.
Hostellerie Du Château Des Monthairons
( Hotel )
26 Route Verdun Les Monthairons near Verdun 55320
Surrounded by a 14-hectare park, this 19th-century castle has been renovated to provide individually decorated rooms with lov...
Etap Hotel Verdun
( Hotel )
Rue Jean Norton-Cru Verdun 55100
The Etap Hotel Verdun is close to the center of the town and to the Centre Mondial de la Paix. It can easily be reached from...
( Hotel )
19 Rue Etoile Bar Le Duc 55000
With a relaxed and inviting atmosphere, the Hôtel Bertrand is a comfortable holiday retreat offering excellent service. The h...