- guide to Moselle
- towns in Moselle
- Moselle Hotels
- Moselle Tourist Attractions
- Moselle Gites
Moselle tourist informationwhere to go - what to see - what to do
The Moselle borders two French departments, Germany, Luxembourg and is not far from the Belgian border.
Metz is the capital both of Moselle and Lorraine and is a main cultural and historic centre. Due to its strategic position, the Gallo-Roman city has been heavily fought - over passing from Germany in 1870 back to France in 1918.
There is something for everyone in Moselle. Lush, unspoiled, countryside the ideal backdrop for golf courses, cycle tracks and footpaths. Water sports enthusiasts can indulge themselves on one of the many canals, lakes or water sports centres.
Gothic churches, medieval passageways and Gallo-Roman remains will delight historians among you.
- Metz - the Cathedrale St-Etienne contains stained-glass windows, whereas the Eglise St-Pierre-aux-Nonnains is supposedly one of the oldest churches in France.
- Maginot Line Fort du Hackenberg - take a tour of the underground tunnels at Fort du Hackenbourg, the largest bastion of the Maginot Line.
- Parc Naturel Regional de Lorraine - countless leisure activities set in a setting of forests, lakes, canals and streams.
- Gorze - the Eglise St-Etienne mixes a Romanesque fašade with a Gothic interior and mid 18th Century choir.
Holiday Inn Metz
( Hotel )
1 Rue Felix Savart Metz Cedex 3 Metz 57074
Set on a 18 hole golf course, you will be able to admire an area full of exceptional greenery....
( Hotel )
1 Rue Lafayette Metz 57000
Hotel Moderne with its private garage just opposite the monumental Metz rail station, is at the threshold of it all: the anci...
Premiere Classe Freyming Merlebach
( Hotel )
43 - 45 Rue De Metz Freyming Merlebach near Forbach 57800
Several km from the German border Right beside the A4 and the A32 at exit 40, our hotel is a well-placed within the region w...