- guide to Haute-Garonne
- towns in Haute-Garonne
- Haute-Garonne Hotels
- Haute-Garonne Tourist Attractions
- Haute-Garonne Gites
Haute-Garonne tourist informationwhere to go - what to see - what to do
Lying between the Atlantic & Mediterranean coast in the middle of the Pyrenees you'll find the Haute-Garonne.
Steep valleys, mountains and lakes dominate the Pyrenees to the south and provide a vast array of opportunities for winter and summer sports alike.
The Garonne valley provides a contrast, dotted with ancient bastides and churches in centres like Martres Tolosane, which is famous for its pottery.
To the east is the largely rural Lauragais with its colourful golden sunflowers. This is home to the Unesco World Heritage site, the Canal du Midi - ideal for barge holidays or day cruises.
For culture, character and a cosmopolitan buzz head to the high-tech city of Toulouse with its famous red-tiled rooftops.
- Cite de L'Espace in Toulouse - a fascinating exploration of the space age comprises a planetarium, a cinema and interactive exhibits.
- St Bertrand-de-Comminges - head to the imposing 12th century Cathedrale Ste-Marie in this pretty hilltop town for some of the best sculpture in the area.
- Exofleur-Culture D'Orchidees near Toulouse - imagine yourself deep inside an equatorial rainforest in this beautiful orchid park just 20mins from Toulouse in Cornebarrieu.
- Martres Tolosane - the Association des Faïenciers in Martres Tolosane is the only place in France where there has been non-stop production of hand-made pottery since the 18th century.
Best Western Athenee
( Hotel )
13 Bis Rue Matabiau Toulouse 31000
Situated near the business centre and Conference Centre, and Toulouse’s lively and tourist area, the hotel offers ideal accom...
Appart'city Toulouse Diagora Labège
( Hotel )
Jean Rostand Labege near Toulouse 31670
Situated in Labege Innopole, major service industry area in Toulouse and right next to the Diagora Congress Centre, the hotel...
Hotel Le Floreal
( Hotel )
11 Avenue Jean Boularan Bagneres-de-Luchon 31110
In the heart of the Pyrenées montains, the hotel is located in the town center, in a quiet and sunny street, close to the sho...