- guide to Pas-de-Calais
- towns in Pas-de-Calais
- Pas-de-Calais Hotels
- Pas-de-Calais Tourist Attractions
- Pas-de-Calais Gites
Pas-de-Calais tourist informationwhere to go - what to see - what to do
One of France's least explored departments, the Pas-de-Calais offers tranquillity, Gothic gems, a stunning coastline rich in birdlife and some excellent cuisine.
Le Touquet is a fashionable coastal resort surrounded by immense pine forests where smart villas find refuge.
Boulogne has its 19th century basilica and huge dome which is seen for miles around.
Inland you'll come to hilltop towns such as Montreuil with its 17th century houses.
However, the glory of Pas-de-Calais is perhaps the Cathedral in Amiens. The largest in France it was built with the proceeds of woad sales - a plant valued for its blue dye.
- Boulogne - Nausicaa is an immense aquarium which combines high-tech innovation with varied marine life.
- Calais - Cite Europe shopping centre is not far from the Channel Tunnel and includes a huge Carrefour supermarket and other shops.
- Le Touquet - wealthy Parisians who come here enjoy the racecourse, casino and yachting.
- Cote d'Opale - this windswept coastline makes for ideal hiking. Views of the Channel and the white cliffs of Dover.
Hôtel Des Argousiers
( Hotel )
8 Rue Clémenceau Ambleteuse near Boulogne 62164
The hotel features contemporary and nature-friendly design and offers cosy accommodation in quiet surroundings only a kilomet...
( Hotel )
18 - 20 Boulevard Daunou Boulogne Sur Mer Boulogne 62200
2 minutes away from the train station and 5 minutes away from the city centre, this comfortable family-run hotel is ideally l...
( Hotel )
32 Rue De Beaumont Noyelles-Godault 62950
Located 20 minutes away from Lille, the hotel offers quiet and modern accommodation just off of the A1 motorway. Between Lil...