- Nord Pas-de-Calais tourist guides
- Nord Pas-de-Calais towns to visit
- Nord Pas-de-Calais Hotels
- Tourist Attractions in Nord Pas-de-Calais
- Gites in Nord Pas-de-Calais
Nord Pas-de-Calais tourist informationwhere to go - what to see - what to do
The northern tip of France offers plenty to do, a stunning coastline rich in birdlife and some excellent cuisine.
Originally this area was joined with Belgium and part of Holland as Flanders.
Today, some local people still speak Flemish and, unlike most of France, the preferred beverage is beer and not wine!
Beer drinking can be seen at the festivals or fairs known as braderies.
Lille has great nightlife, shops, restaurants and a distinct euro-cosmopolitan feel to it.
And if the shops do not quench your appetite here, stop-off at Calais for inexpensive, good quality wine, cheeses, spirits and other French produce.
- Shopper's Paradise in Calais - the Cite Europe shopping centre is near the Channel Tunnel and includes a huge Carrefour supermarket and numerous other shops.
- Lille - explore the lively, cosmopolitan city of Lille with its great museums, notably the musee d'Art Moderne du Nord with works by Braque, Picasso and Miro.
- Coastline at Cote d'Opale - this windswept coastline makes for ideal hiking with views of the Channel and the white cliffs of Dover.
- Le Touquet - wealthy Parisians who come to enjoy the racecourse, casino as well as the yachting, tennis and golf.
( Hotel )
Zia Somain Aniche - La Renaissance Somain near Denain 59490
The inn has a wooden façade and features well-equipped rooms, a restaurant and meeting facilities. Benefit from a free Intern...
Hôtel Des Argousiers
( Hotel )
8 Rue Clémenceau Ambleteuse near Boulogne 62164
The hotel features contemporary and nature-friendly design and offers cosy accommodation in quiet surroundings only a kilomet...
( Hotel )
18 - 20 Boulevard Daunou Boulogne Sur Mer Boulogne 62200
2 minutes away from the train station and 5 minutes away from the city centre, this comfortable family-run hotel is ideally l...