- guide to Maine-et-Loire
- towns in Maine-et-Loire
- Maine-et-Loire Hotels
- Maine-et-Loire Tourist Attractions
- Maine-et-Loire Gites
Maine-et-Loire tourist informationwhere to go - what to see - what to do
The horsemen of the Cadre Noir in Saumur, the beautiful Loire valley, and the Royal Abbey at Fontevraud with its Plantagenet tombs are just some of the delights that attract visitors to the Maine-et-Loire.
Here you'll see rows of vineyards and sunflowers which get you in the mood for wine-tasting. Almost every wine imaginable is produced here from just two varieties of grape, so take your pick!
To the east and west of Saumur you'll find impressive troglodyte dwellings which are generally used today for storing wine or growing mushrooms.
- Chateau d'Angers at Angers - discover the world's largest medieval tapestry which tells the story of the Apocalypse according to St John.
- Saumur - if you like horses the Ecole Nationale d'Equitation will enable you to see the famed Cadre Noir riding formation.
- Rochemenier near Saumur - visit the troglodyte museum and see a time to when 75% of the population of Angers and Saumur lived in caves!
- Wine tasting in Angers - the Maison du Vin de l'Anjou provides the perfect setting to sip Anjou and Saumur wines.
Premiere Classe Angers Beaucouzé
( Hotel )
Zi Beaucouzé Centre D'activité L'hoirie Beaucouze 49070
Easily accessible from the A11 motorway, the hotel is situated near the N23 road on the way to the city centre....
Premiere Classe Saumur
( Hotel )
Rue De L'oreau - Zi Ecoparc - Saint Lambert Des Levées Saumur 49400
A treasure in Val de Loire. Easily accessible from the A85, exit 3, Saumur, then exit at ZI Ecoparc/Saumur Nord, our hotel i...
Akena City Saumur
( Hotel )
Za Du Champ Blanchard - Route de Cholet Distre near Saumur 49400
This recently open 2-star hotel (early July 2007), features 30 air conditioned rooms spread on 2 floors and a lift....