- guide to Mayenne
- towns in Mayenne
- Mayenne Hotels
- Mayenne Tourist Attractions
- Mayenne Gites
Mayenne tourist informationwhere to go - what to see - what to do
If you are after unspoilt countryside, rich cultural heritage or outdoor adventure, Mayenne is the place to be.
From the prehistoric caves at Saulges to the Roman remains at Jublains, the Renaissance castles of Bourgon and Mezangers, there is a treasure trove of secrets to be discovered.
This was also the opinion of William the Conqueror who tried in vain to besiege the medieval fortress at Sainte Suzanne from 1083-1087.
Over the years, the importance of the Mayenne river has diminished. Nowadays, tourists use it to fish, swim, kayak or simply a leisurely boat trip.
- Evron - the abbey church Notre Dame de L'Epine has Roman & Gothic architecture and one of the best facades for miles around.
- Historical Town of Sainte Suzanne - the Musee de L'Auditoire served as a court of justice in the 17th & 18th Century - now it houses a museum that depicts the lifestyle and events of that era.
- Caves & canyon of Saulges - visit the Margot caves where you'll hear legends of a witch protecting its treasure.
- Jublains - the most prominent Roman site in the west of France. Climb to the top of the theatre for the panoramic views over the Evron plains.
Inter-Hotel Du Commerce
( Hotel )
Rue Du Fief Aux Moines Vaiges near Laval 53480
Peace and quiet in the Mayenne region, just 1 km from the a81 motorway exit. The hotel du Commerce is run by the 5th generati...
( Hotel )
La Sourderie - Route De Javron Villaines-la-Juhel 53700
The picturesque hotel is a restored 18th century farm set in spectacular surroundings in the heart of the Mayenne region. It ...
Logis De France Le Parc Hotel
( Hotel )
46, Avenue Du Maréchal Joffre Chateau-Gontier 53200
On the road to the Loire Châteaux, located in the heart of Château Gontier, the Logis de France Le Parc is an ideal place to ...