- guide to Vendee
- towns in Vendee
- Vendee Hotels
- Vendee Tourist Attractions
- Vendee Gites
Vendee tourist informationwhere to go - what to see - what to do
The Vendee - wild, sandy coastline, the Poitevin marshes, inland cereal plains and fields sectioned by hedgerows.
Coastal resorts welcome you with activities ranging from surfing to kayaking. The offshore islands are full of charm - known for their pretty white-washed houses covered in Mimosas.
The Poitevin marshes form a labyrinth of waterways and are a nature lover's delight. You'll find waders, redshanks & marsh-owls along one of the many walking or cycle trails.
Inland is flat farming country where you'll find Lucon, where Richelieu once lived and Fontenay-le-Comte, an old Renaisssance town, formerly the capital of Bas-Poitou.
- Coastal Walks at La Tranche du Mer - the ideal base for coastal walks that take in forestland & impressive dunes.
- Son et Lumiere in Puy de Fou - La Cinescenie of the Puy du Fou is a spectacular show with actors, horsemen and special effects. A insight into the history of the Vendee.
- Saint Sulpice le Verdon - The Logis de la Chabotterie is a delightful chateau that shows country living at the end of the 18th century.
- Sea fishing, night fishing, shellfish hunting & freshwater fishing - on the beach, in canals, lakes & rivers, all possible in the Vendee.
Logis De France Le Lion D'or
( Hotel )
84 Rue Du Calvaire. St Gilles Croix De Vie 85800
Close to the town’s market and the pedestrian streets, the hotel is just metres from the fishing and pleasure port. The hote...
( Hotel )
Rond Point De Bel Air Chambretaud 85500
Located in Chambretaud, in the heart of the Vendée region, Les Archers offers comfortable accommodations in a quiet setting, ...
Logis De France Aloe
( Hotel )
99, Av. De Cholet Les Herbiers Chambretaud 85500
In the heart of the lush green Vendée 'bocage' region, a totally unique site on the slopes of the 'Mount of Larks', the Hotel...