- guide to Aisne
- towns in Aisne
- Aisne Hotels
- Aisne Tourist Attractions
- Aisne Gites
Aisne tourist informationwhere to go - what to see - what to do
There are six territories in Aisne each with its own identity. To the north lies 'La Thierache' known as 'Little Normandy' for its cereal fields, plains and delicious Maroilles cheese. 'Le Vermandois' and 'Le Chaumois' with its many canals and lakes.
The capital Laon is surrounded by rolling countryside and 'Sissonnais' is defined by its plateau and escarpments.
Omois to the south and the 'Vallee de la Marne'is where you'll find 10% of Champagne's vineyards.
The many religious monuments and castles bear witness to an often turbulent past - such as Saint Quentin with a Gothic basilica and the Eglise Notre Dame at Plomion.
- Medieval Laon - Cathedrale Notre Dame really does pull in the crowds for its Gothic splendour and 13th century rose window.
- Countryside Walks - in an area where the countryside is so varied there are 174 trails that are well preserved for the seasoned walker.
- International Golf Course at Chamouille - Le Parc de L'Ailette invites you to a round of golf or indulge in one of its lakeside activities.
- Military History In Caverne du Dragon - L'espace Museographique pays homage to the everyday life of a soldier on the Front.
Auberge De Vendeuil
( Hotel )
RN 44 Vendeuil near La Fere 02800
Located at Vendeuil, between Laon and Saint Quentin, l'Auberge de Vendeuil welcomes you in a warm atmosphere. The hotel has ...
Premiere Classe Soissons
( Hotel )
Rue Jacques Brel - Espace De L'archer - Zac De Cheveux Soissons 02200
Between Paris and Picardie. Easily accessible from the N2, our hotel is a few minutes from the centre of Soissons and less th...
Premiere Classe St Quentin
( Hotel )
Rue Antoine-Parmentier - Zac De La Vallée Saint-Quentin 02100
Welcome to Haute-Picardie. At the crossroads between the A26 and A29, near to the town centre of Saint-Quentin and at the he...