- guide to Somme
- towns in Somme
- Somme Hotels
- Somme Tourist Attractions
- Somme Gites
Somme tourist informationwhere to go - what to see - what to do
Some of France's finest monuments and cathedrals are situated in the Somme. Its capital, Amiens boasts fine stone churches and an impressive Gothic cathedral.
The battlefields of the Somme Valley that indicate what life in WW1 was really like.
Local produce includes Peronne beer and smoked eels.
The Somme coastline takes in cliffs, dunes, marshes and pretty villages. Here you'll find the delightful fishing village of Le Crotoy that bewitched Colette, Jules Verne, & the Duke and Duchess of Windsor among others.
- Marquenterre - visit the Parc Ornithologique de Marquenterre, a bird sanctuary surrounded by beautiful dunes, salt marshes and pine forests.
- Somme Valley - enjoy boating, camping, walking and fishing along the banks of the pretty river Somme.
- History in Picardy at Peronne - the Historial de la Grande Guerre is a good starting point for World War I history with cemeteries, battlefields and memorials surrounding the area.
- Abbeville - visit the flamboyant Gothic church with a stained-glass window designed by Alfred Manessier.
Hotel Alsace Lorraine
( Hotel )
18, Rue De La Morlière Amiens 80000
Behind a pretty cariage door, there is the Hotel with charm with calms of the city. About fifteen rooms where dominates the l...
Logis Le Neptune
( Hotel )
204 Avenue Marechal Foch Cayeux-sur-Mer near Le Treport 80410
Le Neptune offers colourful rooms with a wall-mounted LCD TV, free Wi-Fi and a private bathroom. Situated in Picardie, it is ...
Abbatis Villa Jean De Bruges
( Hotel )
18, Place De L'eglise Saint Riquier near Abbeville 80135
If you are keen on history you won’t be disappointed. Located in an old 15th century house in St Riquier, an old medieval tow...