- Picardie tourist guides
- Picardie towns to visit
- Picardie Hotels
- Tourist Attractions in Picardie
- Gites in Picardie
Picardie tourist informationwhere to go - what to see - what to do
Some of France's finest cathedrals are situated in Picardy. Its capital, Amiens boasts an impressive Gothic cathedral and if this is not enough - try the popular cathedral cities of Reims and Laon.
The Somme River winds through Picardy and is home to extensive wildlife and estuary land.
To the south of Amiens, much of Picardy is flat agricultural land.
As you head southeast, the countryside has wooded hills that begin to merge with the plains of nearby Champagne.
Here you will find the historical towns of Soissons and Compiegne, which is famed for its royal palace, built for hunting, on the edge of a forest.
- The Parc Asterix - one of the most popular theme parks in France, dedicated not only to Asterix but also French history. A fun but educational day out!
- Somme Valley - boating, camping, walking and fishing along the banks of the pretty Somme river.
- Peronne - the Historial de la Grande Guerre is a good starting point for World War I history with cemeteries, battlefields and memorials surrounding the area.
- Marquenterre - visit the Parc Ornithologique de Marquenterre, a bird sanctuary surrounded by beautiful dunes, salt marshes and pine forests.
Auberge De Vendeuil
( Hotel )
RN 44 Vendeuil near La Fere 02800
Located at Vendeuil, between Laon and Saint Quentin, l'Auberge de Vendeuil welcomes you in a warm atmosphere. The hotel has ...
Premiere Classe Beauvais
( Hotel )
Rue Gay Lussac Beauvais 60000
3 kilometres away from the city centre and 4 kilometres away from Paris Beauvais Tillé airport, the hotel welcomes you in the...
( Hotel )
Rn 16 Zac Du Coq Chantant Chantilly 60500
In our hotel, you will get a warm and sincere welcome that makes you feel good from the start. Our hotel offers excellent val...