- guide to Charente
- towns in Charente
- Charente Hotels
- Charente Tourist Attractions
- Charente Gites
Charente tourist informationwhere to go - what to see - what to do
Charente is famed for its double-distilled brandy (80% is exported). Its popularity seems to grow - supporting the local economy and the prosperous town of Cognac.
Surrounding Cognac are rolling vineyards & quiet villages dotted with mini chateaux - the properties of wealthy Cognac producers.
A good place for walking and for a chance for a refreshing swim, head to the pools of the river Antenne.
The cathedral city of Angouleme is well worth a visit with its stunning cathedral and quaint, narrow streets.
- Cognac - the Cognac Otard tours are well presented in several different languages and situated in the chateau where Francois 1st was born.
- A day out in Angouleme - the Centre National de la Bande Dessinee et de l'image pays homage to the development of French print and film cartoons since 1946.
- Aubeterre-sur-Dronne - the Eglise St-Jean, cut out of the white cliff face, makes a huge impression and served as a cemetery during the Revolution.
- Medieval gardens at Tusson - the gardens here provide an insight into monastic medieval times.
Le Relais De Saint Preuil
( Hotel )
Lieu-Dit Chez Rivière Saint Preuil near Merignac 16130
Authentic XVIIth-XVIIIth century coaching inn, luxury state of the art renovation, ideally nestling between woods and vineyar...
Premiere Classe Angouleme La Couronne
( Hotel )
Route De Saint Michel - La Croisade La Couronne near Angouleme 16400
Situated in the south of the city of Angoulême and easily accessible from the N10 and D910, the hotel is ideally located to e...
( Hotel )
66 Boulevard René Chabasse Angouleme 16000
The hotel is located in the city centre, in the Victor Hugo district. It is close to the famous fruit and vegetables market a...