- Poitou-Charentes tourist guides
- Poitou-Charentes towns to visit
- Poitou-Charentes Hotels
- Tourist Attractions in Poitou-Charentes
- Gites in Poitou-Charentes
Poitou-Charentes tourist informationwhere to go - what to see - what to do
The Poitou-Charentes region has great charm - from the pine forests and sandy coastline to the inland valley of the Charente river - and the Marais Poitevin marshes with their poplar groves.
The region is renowned for it Romanesque churches particularly in the thriving centre of Poitiers.
The arch and amphitheatre at Saintes are also vestiges of the Holy Roman Empire.
The ports of La Rochelle and Rochefort are well worth visiting and are among the prettiest towns in France.
Here you'll be able to sample much of the region's good quality seafood - try the oysters!
- Futuroscope - a fantastic theme park which presents cutting edge technology in a futuristic setting. 3D simulators and the 'magic carpet' cinema which makes you feel like you are flying!
- Cognac - visit the fabulous Cognac Otard chateau which includes a spot of Cognac tasting.
- A different kind of museum at Angouleme - The Centre National de la Bande Dessinee et de l'image presents the history of French print and film cartoons over the ages.
- Ile d'Oleron - after Corsica, Oleron is Franc's largest island with great beaches at Vert Bois and Grande Plage. Sample the mussels or oysters that are grown in the shallow waters.
Les Gens De Mer - La Rochelle
( Hotel )
20, Avenue Du Général De Gaulle La Rochelle 17000
Located 150 metres from the railway station and 300 metres from the Vieux Port, Hotel Les Gens de Mer offers a warm and frien...
Domaine Du Château
( Hotel )
123 Avenue Du Clavier Lagord near La Rochelle 17140
Built in 2007, located near La Rochelle (2 km) and Ile de Ré (5 km), Le Domaine du Château rests in a huge park (12 hectares)...
Le Relais De Saint Preuil
( Hotel )
Lieu-Dit Chez Rivière Saint Preuil near Merignac 16130
Authentic XVIIth-XVIIIth century coaching inn, luxury state of the art renovation, ideally nestling between woods and vineyar...