- guide to Alpes-Maritimes
- towns in Alpes-Maritimes
- Alpes-Maritimes Hotels
- Alpes-Maritimes Tourist Attractions
- Alpes-Maritimes Gites
Alpes-Maritimes tourist informationwhere to go - what to see - what to do
Alpes-Maritimes shares its border with Italy and is home to the ever popular Cote d'Azur. It boasts superb gardens and orange and lemon groves that dot this spectacular, craggy coastline with its famous beaches.
You don't have to travel far either (1hr by car) to reach the sunny ski slopes in the north of the department or the inland areas where the landscape dramatically changes.
Here you'll find hills covered with pines, laurel and olive trees and of course lavender.
This department also boasts some of the world's most famous festivals, namely the film festival at Cannes and the jazz festival at Juan les Bains.
- Typical Provencal Village of Eze - wander the medieval streets - one of France's most charming perched villages or 'village perché' and discover its magnificent botanical garden.
- Cap Ferrat - Beatrice de Rothschild's Villa Ephrussi has porcelain treasures, and possessions that belonged to Marie Antoinette.
- Nice - with a distinct Italian flavour, Nice has great museums & markets and a lively but relaxed atmosphere.
- Cannes - a boat trip to the Iles de Lerins off Cannes will unfold the tale of the mysterious Man in the Iron Mask who was imprisoned in the fort here.
Arcantis Beau Soleil
( Hotel )
Impasse Beau Soleil Golfe-Juan 06220
In a quiet area in the heart of the french riviera, our hotel welcome you 500 m from the beaches. Swimming pool, garden and r...
Kyriad Cannes Centre
( Hotel )
24 Boulevard De Lorraine Cannes 06400
Ideally located close to the center of Cannes, a few steps from La Croisette, rue d'Antibes and the Palais des Festivals, the...
( Hotel )
33 Rue Pastorelli Nice 06000
Located in the town heart, easy to road and railway stations close to the place Massena, the "Acropolis " congress palace, th...