- guide to Hautes-Alpes
- towns in Hautes-Alpes
- Hautes-Alpes Hotels
- Hautes-Alpes Tourist Attractions
- Hautes-Alpes Gites
Hautes-Alpes tourist informationwhere to go - what to see - what to do
If you are looking to escape the crowds, head to the Hautes-Alpes with its mix of Mediterranean sun and fresh mountain air.
For winter sports enthusiasts there are over 30 ski resorts to choose from, Serre Chevalier being one of the most popular. Summer activities here include cycling, trekking, kayaking, climbing and white water rafting.
The Parc National regional du Queras in the east offers excellent walking and a chance to sample alpine apples, honey and fantastic mountain cheeses.
To the west the Parc National des Ecrins is dotted with lakes and peaks where you'll discover beavers and grouse among other things!
- Gap - follow Napoleon's footsteps and head to the fortified Medieval city of Gap. Visit the botanical gardens at the Domaine de Charence.
- Serre-Poncon - the large man-made lake of Serre-Poncon is an ideal place to camp in the summer, with a windsurfing school and other lakeside activities.
- Briancon - the highest fortified city in Europe with views overlooking the Durance and Guisane valley.
- Serre-Chevalier- the chic ski resort of Serre Chevalier has over 250km of ski slopes and is ideal for all types of skiing.
( Hotel )
32 Avenue De La République Briancon 05100
This hotel s situated in the heart of the city of Briançon, between Vauban, recently listed as UNESCO World Heritage Site, an...
Les Chalets de La Meije
( Hotel )
Le Nouveau Village La Grave 05320
Located at the bottom of the “Col du Lautaret”, in La Grave, the second place of alpinism after Chamonix and one of the most ...
( Hotel )
La Freissinouse Gap 05000
Situated at 1000m of height, near numerous outdoor sport activities (ski, white water sports, air sports, golf) the hotel wel...