- guide to Haute-Savoie
- towns in Haute-Savoie
- Haute-Savoie Hotels
- Haute-Savoie Tourist Attractions
- Haute-Savoie Gites
Haute-Savoie tourist informationwhere to go - what to see - what to do
Haute-Savoie is a universe of lakes, waterfalls, caves, cirques, gorges, glaciers, nature reserves and of course the unforgettable Alps.
This spectacular mountain range comprises Europe's highest mountain, Mont Blanc which overlooks Chamonix - one of the best ski resorts in the world.
To the north along the French/Swiss border lies the Chablais area known as 'Portes du Soleil'. This is the largest ski area in France with the village of Morzine at its centre.
For non-skiers there are many delights including Annecy - one of the most charming and attractive towns in the Alps. Elegant spa towns also border Lake Geneva, such as Evian where you can sample the famous water at its source.
- Glaciers in the Alps at Chamonix - Crotte de la Mer de Glace enables you to take a look at a glacier from the inside. Take warm clothes with the temperatures at -2 to -5°c.
- Mont Blanc - at Le Brevant take a cable car to the highest peak where you'll be able to gaze on the awesome Mont Blanc.
- Relax in Evian-les-Bains - stroll along the shores of lake Geneva or enjoy one of the many cutting-edge spa treatments offered here.
- Chamonix - discover 310km of walking trails set in some of the Alps most spectacular scenery.
Macchi Hôtels-Chalets de Tradition
( Hotel )
94 Route De L'Etringa Chatel 74390
This charming wooden hotel is located in the earth of Châtel, an authentic Savoyard village in the Abondance Valley and in th...
Logis De France L'arc En Ciel
( Hotel )
18, Place De Crête Thonon-les-Bains 74200
Situated close to the town centre and Lake Geneva, the "Arc en Ciel" welcomes guests to a friendly, family atmosphere....
Premiere Classe Annemasse Gaillard
( Hotel )
5 Rue Des Jardins Gaillard 74240
At the crossroads of motorways A40 and A411, the hotel offers an ideal location to experience the wealth of the area or enjoy...