- guide to Isere
- towns in Isere
- Isere Hotels
- Isere Tourist Attractions
- Isere Gites
Isere tourist informationwhere to go - what to see - what to do
The Isere is a diverse patchwork of landscapes with plains and hills stretching as far as the Rhone Valley and majestic mountains to the east - the gateway to the Alps.
To the south & west of Grenoble lies the Vercors Regional Park with its gorges, caves and waterfalls surrounded by wooded plateaux & green valleys.
The Chartreuse leads north from Grenoble and has forests & monuments. This is where hydroelectricity was invented in the late 19th century.
Grenoble itself is not to be missed and is a lively modern city often referred to as the intellectual capital of the Alps.
- Les 2 Alpes Ski Resort - a unique ski resort of international renown - snow to be had here almost all year round!
- City Views at Grenoble - take the cable car up to the 19th century Fort de la Bastille for unforgettable views of the city and surrounding countryside.
- L'Alpe d'Huez - the place to head for outdoor pursuits such as cycling, rock-climbing and of course skiing.
- Temple d'Auguste et Livie - this impressive temple with its Corinthian columns presides over the town of Vienne.
Chateau De La Commanderie
( Hotel )
17 Avenue D'echirolles Eybens near Grenoble 38320
In an exceptionally quiet, peaceful and park with centenaries trees, discover the charm of one of the most pleasant hotels of...
Hôtel Balladins Grenoble Liberation Confort
( Hotel )
236 Cours De La Liberation Grenoble 38000
The hotel awaits you to offer you a warm and personalised welcome. It is ideal for a family stay or between friends and to sp...
City-Hotel Grenoble St Egrève
( Hotel )
1 Rue du Cornillon Avenue Karben Saint Egreve 38120
City-Hotel Grenoble Saint Egreve is a quiet hotel located 9 km from Grenoble. The 43 rooms are comfortable and functional. S...