- guide to Loire
- towns in Loire
- Loire Hotels
- Loire Tourist Attractions
- Loire Gites
Loire tourist informationwhere to go - what to see - what to do
A world of remarkable diversity awaits you in the Loire department. The Pilat National Park is near St Etienne and combines forests of beech and fir trees with the orchards and vineyards of the Rhone Valley.
Nature also takes hold in the lakes & canals to the north particularly around Roanne, a centre for fine fabrics and textiles.
La Forez to the east offers high plateaus of forestland and heather. This is the ideal place to kick back, relax and enjoy the many streams and waterfalls.
Not to be missed are the Loire gorges to the south, which in 1959 were elected for the building of an impressive hydroelectric dam. Today boat trips and water sports are popular pastimes.
- Water sports at Park Saint Pierre du Boeuf - a huge expanse of water and playground for windsurfers, divers and other water sports enthusiasts.
- Contemporary Art at St-Etienne - a wealth of modern art is housed at the Musee d'Art Moderne with works by Andy Warhol, Rodin, Matisse, Leger & Ernst.
- Gothic Architecture at Montbrison - Notre-Dame-d'Esperance dates back to the 11th and 13th century and has a steeple that looks out over Montbrison's tiled roofs.
- Fun Night Out in Saint Galmier - home to Badoit mineral water, the pretty town boasts a popular racecourse and casino.
Le Chateau De Champlong
( Hotel )
100 Chemin De La Chapelle Villerest Roanne 42300
Château de Champlong welcomes you in a 16th-century house located 6 kilometres away from the centre of Roanne. The owners off...
Premiere Classe St Etienne Nord Villars
( Hotel )
9 Rue De L'artisanat Villars 42390
Close for all methods of transport....
( Hotel )
95, Route De Lyon Montbrison 42600
At the entrance of Montbrison, between Saint-Etienne and Roanne. Warmly welcome to a resolutely up-to-date setting....