- Rhone-Alpes tourist guides
- Rhone-Alpes towns to visit
- Rhone-Alpes Hotels
- Tourist Attractions in Rhone-Alpes
- Gites in Rhone-Alpes
Rhone-Alpes tourist informationwhere to go - what to see - what to do
This is a region of contrast from the Rhone valley to the gorges of the Ardeche and the unforgettable French Alps.
The French Alps form one of the most spectacular mountain ranges in the world with Europe's highest peak, Mont Blanc.
For non-skiers there are many delights - France's second largest city, Lyon with its renaissance architecture and fine museums - elegant spa towns border Lake Geneva such as Evian where you can sample the famous water.
- Beaujolais - sample some of the fruity red wines or Beaujolais Nouveau which is released from the wine cellars on the third Thursday of every November.
- A cultural day out in Lyon - the Musee des Beaux arts This fabulous art museum is a must - and houses the second largest art collection in France after the Louvre.
- Evian-les-Bains - stroll along the shores of lake Geneva or enjoy one of the many cutting-edge spa treatments offered here.
- Temple d'Auguste et Livie - this impressive temple with its Corinthian columns presides over the Roman town of Vienne.
Inter-Hotel Les Amandiers
( Hotel )
13, Avenue De Nîmes Tournon-sur-Rhone 07300
Located a 15-minute drive away from Valence, this property offers a friendly welcome and comfortable rooms. Follow the Rhône ...
Macchi Hôtels-Chalets de Tradition
( Hotel )
94 Route De L'Etringa Chatel 74390
This charming wooden hotel is located in the earth of Châtel, an authentic Savoyard village in the Abondance Valley and in th...
Novotel Lyon Porte du Valvert
( Hotel )
13D avenue Victor Hugo Tassin la Demi Lune 69160
The Novotel Lyon Porte du Valvert is located 5 km from Lyon Perrache railway station, at the start of the northern ring road ...